B.V.S.N.MURTHY CENTRE FOR SPECIAL CHILDREN
B.V.S.N.Murthy Centre for Special Children is a unit of Public Health and Welfare Society and is solely dedicated for the training and rehabilitation of children and adults in need of special care.
Started under a thatched roof in 1982 and is known today for its quality training with wide range of programs and the positive spirit, attitude and involvement of its team of professionals, staff, volunteers and therapists.
MISSION AND VISION
Our Mission is to cater to the needs of special children with a vision to integrate the differently abled persons into the mainstream by need based training programmes so as to bring dignity in their lives and to make them meaningful citizens of this country.
Target Group Mental retardation with or without Autism,Down’s Syndrome, ADHD and MR with multiple disabilities.
- It is an integral part of our training programme. The primary goal of this program is to give adequate training in five major areas – Activities of daily life (thereby increasing individual independence) Cognitive skills, Motor skills (gross and fine) Communication skills (receptive and expressive) and Social skills.
- The goals are set depending upon the needs and potential of the child and are achieved through IEP (Individual Educational Plan) Periodically the target group is assessed for the achievement of the goals.
- OBE is offered to mild MR for III std and VIII std.
- Children with learning disabilities and Mild MR are given coaching for X std public examinations conducted by NIOS New Delhi.
- Job oriented Computer education is offered to dyslexic and Mild MR students by TATTI (Tamilnadu Advanced Technical Training Institute) for MS OFFICE, DATA ENTRY AND DTP.
- Students above the age of 18 years who may not be able to cope up with academic curriculum are given vocational training in envelope making ,screen printing, textile printing, file making, eco friendly wedding bags, chalk making, cleaning items like phenyl, liquid soap etc.
- We are running a catering unit where the students are trained to prepare lunch and Tiffin under the guidance of the teachers. The food prepared to a limited level and is delivered by the students to our customers nearby.
- We have a tailoring unit where girls are trained to stitch simple women’s wear. The proceedings obtained by marketing the products are distributed to the productive children thus making them independent to certain extent.
- A student who has passed out X std in open schooling is absorbed as class assistant and 2 more persons with mild MR are given employment in the hospital. The students working under sheltered workshop are earning incentive as and when the products are marketed.
PHYSIOTHERAPY: A Physiotherapist gives physiotherapy to the needy children.
YOGA: Volunteers from KYM (Krishnamacharya Yoga Manthram) visit our center twice a week and conduct group session considering their age, IQ level and ailment if any.
MUSIC THERAPY: Once a week children are taught bhajans and they have given performances in Ayodhya Mandapam, Sankara TV (Bhajan Samrat) few of them have won prizes in chanting Vishnu Sahasranamam.
We support the parents by conducting counselling sessions to the needy parents. Parent teachers’ meets are conducted every month to review their ward’s performance.
WE BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN POTENTIAL AND PERFORMANCE